In times of real tragedy, when uncertainty takes center stage and the led yearn for direction, the tried and tested leader must resist every attempt to appear to profit from their misfortunes.
Such a leader must not only be strategic enough to realize the difference between making emphatic impact and window dressing but must be at the forefront of taking decisive steps to ensure the former takes center stage in the lives of those that she represents.
It is this thinking that necessarily informs the scenario where the leader spends time planning and consulting wide to ensure the proposed palliative items would indeed get to the right persons as opposed to opportunists whose stock in trade is benefiting from the tears and pains of the indigent.
To achieve this, the true leader must necessarily seek answers to the following questions
In this unfortunate Covid-19 situation that has brought about untold hardship in the lives of my people,
1. What needs to be done to ameliorate their plight?
2. What demographics are the hardest hit and how can they be reached?
3. What are those other critical interest groups that must be accommodated?
4. What is the smartest and most dispassionate way to reach those that really need the proposed items and also the aforementioned critical interest groups?
5. How do we ensure an equitable distribution of the proposed items?
6. What needs to be put in place to ensure the success of this massive humanitarian exercise that is obviously guaranteed to last over a month?
A leader that has truly consulted far and wide and has received answers to these questions will never feel pressured to join the bandwagon but such a leader will invest energy in mobilizing her team to get to work and whilst others may be busy pandering to the camera and seeking vain validation, she will be busy uplifting lives and making sure the people she represents do not go hungry.
A massive humanitarian effort of this magnitude must necessarily take time to touch all identified beneficiaries but just as the majestic Ijele masquerade eventually comes out to emphatically leave no onlooker in doubt as to its superiority and uncommon splendor, our very own ADAEZECHUKWUNAEMEOGO Senator Princess Stella Oduah is done strategizing and you only need to put your ears close to the ground to observe the ongoing massive humanitarian effort in Anambra North senatorial district and though the media directorate is presently too busy to bring you up to speed on this, be rest assured that this awesome story of love and unbridled giving will definitely be told as soon as all identified beneficiaries and interest groups in all 7 LGA's are catered to.
Ezennia Nonso Chukwudebe.
Director Media/Publicity For The Distinguished Senator Stella Adaeze Oduah OON.-